[drats_users] WL2K Gateway mail check issue

John Zaruba Jr
Fri May 24 13:42:34 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've been getting "Mail check failed ((100061, 'Connection Refused'))
errors when working through WL2K Gateway.

Here's the setup:

Station #1 - Win7 32 bit on a laptop with Internet connection, connected
via serial to an ID-880H. Running 0.3.3, WL2K gateway enabled, set for
network/server.winlink.org/8772.

Station #2 - Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32 bit on a netbook, no Internet connection,
connected via serial to an ID-31. Running 0.3.3, WL2K gateway disabled.

All other D-RATS functions, chat, messages, and file transfer work fine
between the two machines. I can send Winlink e-mail using the "send via"
process, and it works great. When I request a mail check from the station
#2 netbook, that's when I get the connection refused error. The only time
I've seen a connection refused error on a native Winlink client is when the
password is wrong, i.e. something other than CMSTELNET.

Anyone have any insight as to what's going on here? Only part of the
southern New Jersey section ARES is on D-STAR, the balance of digital
communications go by Winlink, so if I can get this little issue squared
away it will go a long way to improving interoperability.

Thanks,

John

--

John Zaruba Jr. K2ZA