[drats_users] Low-speed data problems

Adrian
Thu May 2 16:13:50 PDT 2013

Chk the squelch settings on both radios to ensure not 'busy'

Adrian ... vk4tux

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Hinsman <dhinsman at gmail.com>
To: drats_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [drats_users] Low-speed data problems
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 16:45:24 -0600

I am having great difficulty in using my ID-31A to communicate low-speed
data via a repeater to another D-Star radio on the RF segment.  Both the
ID-31A and the other D-Star radio are connected to D-RATS.  When using
the RF segment, we can exchange chats (but that's it).   Test
connectivity shows 0% exchange of packets.  No connection via Files!  We
have followed the required settings for low-speed data.
However, if I turn on GPS instead of the low-speed data, the other
D-Star radio receives all my GPS data.  Since the low-speed data is in
the same place packet-wise as the GPS, I have no idea why one works and
one doesn't.  Any suggestions?

--
73 de N4VIP (SFARES EC, SANTA FE AND SAN MIGUEL COUNTIES DEC), Don