[drats_users] MAC version?

Debbie Fligor
Sun Jan 20 14:53:40 PST 2013

On Jan 20, 2013, at 14:36, Bill Cherepy <jcherepy at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Thanks, but what if I don't want to be a Guinea Pig and want the latest
> STABLE MAC version. Is 0.3.2 the latest MAC version?

3.2.app is the latest formal release in an .app file.  I used 3.3 final just fine from the linux source on mac, but it's a _lot_ more complicated to do that than it is to just use the .app file. (You need a whole set of libraries and dependancies installed, and there's not a good list of them all for Mac - it takes a lot of trial and error).

while I understand not wanting to be a Guinea Pig, Dan's pretty good at fixing problems quickly, and since d-rats hasn't been updated since Feb. 2012 it's pretty solid. In fact there were at least two releases that month - he kept releasing until no one found problems.  A large number of folks have been using it since then, with it being stable for all of us, so it's not a high risk choice.

It's really up to you. I don't always jump to a new daily build right away, but usually do if its been out for a couple of weeks and no one is having problems.

73,
-debbie N9DN