[drats_users] d-rats and bpq

Patrick Connor
Sat Feb 9 07:55:55 PST 2013

I know virtually nothing about BPQ32, but I was able to find out that it
has an interface that will emulate a KISS TNC, but you must install
drivers to make it work. More info about that can be found here:
http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/bpqvkiss.htm

D-RATS supports a connection to KISS TNCs. Operation with a TNC is
limited however. Mail and file transfers have been reported to be
difficult to impossible. Connections to Winlink RMS stations are said to
work very well. Chat sessions between simplex stations is known to work
and N1RCW and N1KXJ reported holding a short chat session through an
APRS digipeater. I hope this information was helpful. More information
about setting up a TNC with D-RATS can be found in the file section of
my Yahoo! group.

Patrick Connor
(N3TSZ)