[drats_users] What do I Tell my Friends??

rolan.clark at comcast.net
Wed Feb 6 19:26:30 PST 2013

John,

A friend of mine who had a tnc in kiss mode and I had a tnc in kiss mode and using drats we could only tranfer a file about 1k in size but never did find out why, maybe a tnc buffer size?

I have a drats on our  local mountain and it works great for sending drats email to someone on the air. Its not a repeater like packet but it does the job plus one  can upload a file that could serve as a message.  We use  .txt files and give it a name so someone could upload a  file called    w3fdk.txt    if someone  wants to send  me a file then I can connect to w3fdk-9, my call for the mountain top drats, and down load any file. No privacy there as anyone can download a file but  the principle works. Files can also  be deleted   from any station that has their call in the proper place in drats.

This doesn’t  answer your question but maybe it  gives you an idea of how to further use drats.  I keep it going at  the mountain top just for training for those that want  to experiment with drats and in an ecom situation it sure can be used. I can connect it to the internet if I wish from my home computer via the  internet and have  that function but I leave it as a stand alone unit.

Just some ideas you may want to play  with.

73 de rolan w3fdk