[drats_users] D-Rats via Radio with IC-E92D

Dan Smith
Thu Sep 27 15:13:32 PDT 2012

> I also opened a Putty terminal connected on COM1 and
> I can see that sometimes packets don't end with correct
> syntax ([EOB]).

This is almost undoubtedly just packets getting snipped off, either on
the sending side or between you and your repeater. Remember that the
data is *not* error-corrected like the voice, and a packet does not need
to be whole or consistent to be transported in part across the channel.
It's not a reliable transport, which (a) means packets will "sometimes"
get chewed up and (b) is why D-RATS does ACK-NAK error and detection on
file transfers.

> Can anyone confirm that this problem could be related
> to USB-Serial adaptor ?

I doubt it. I can't think of any reason or experience with those
adapters where that would make sense.

Also, if the baud rate was wrong (as Gerard suggested) you'd see nothing
but gibberish 100% of the time, so that's not the problem.