[drats_users] Ubuntu

Don Poaps
Thu Sep 6 17:48:38 PDT 2012

Greeting

I have finally gotten Ubuntu on my Laptop. I went to Ubuntu Software Center. I loaded the Chirp, and D-Rats. It unpacked itself. However the USB Serial Converter is the hang up. If it was windows I know what to do.
I can't find the driver for Aten UC232A driver. It has linux driver but its says Redhat. I downloaded it. I don't know the linux syntax to get this thing to talk to radio.
I have another Prolific USB Serial Driver. I want to use that with the TNC.

I looked in System Settings but I really don't see anything like device manager.

Don
VA7DGP
VA7DGP

Metrotown Salvation Army Member