[drats_users] D-RATS and HSMM-MESH using WRT54GL routers - Configuration Advice Please

Zeno Wahl
Thu Sep 6 17:37:53 PDT 2012

I am running D-RATS 0.3.3 running on a desktop PC as well as on a laptop, both are running XP.

Being new to D-RATS, I have so far only successfully used my desktop and emailing with others using D-RATS via the internet.

However, I now would like to use it with HSMM-MESH WRT54GL (2.4 GHz) routers.

I have two WRT54GL routers, one connected to the desktop and the other to the laptop, and wish to send a message from one to the other and visa-versa forming a minimum "network" using D-RATS.
My routers are able to see each other and they seem to otherwise be working, and I can control each router with my desktop and laptop respectively.

Can someone please advise how I need to configure D-RATS (and possibly the router if necessary) so I can communicate using HSMM-MESH WRT54GL routers?

Regards,
Zeno Wahl
VE3ZAW