[drats_users] Gatting two 2820's to talk DRATS

Mike Heitmann
Mon Mar 26 05:35:00 PDT 2012

D-RATS doesn't like to display data unless it's received error free, and low speed data errors can happen for a number of reasons over the RF path.

Since you said you've used D-RATS before, I'm assuming you understand that you have to select the port you want text sent on from the pull- down menu next to the send line, and that the radios go into transmit when you type something in an hit send with the radio port selected.

Try checking the "sniff" and "raw text" boxes for the radio port in preferences (file->preferences->radio) and see what you get displayed. That should tell D-RATS to log what it sees on the "events" tab, and to display raw text, even if it has data errors.

Also take a look at the events tab. Does it report connecting to the radio port? After selecting "sniff" and "raw text do you see anything on the chat tab or the events tab when the radio receives?

Mike, N0SO