[drats_users] New Daily Build

Dan Smith
Tue Feb 28 18:23:43 PST 2012

> Well, I met with partial success.  By closing it with the red x
> button it did reopen DRATS a couple of times with no problems but
> then it went back to it's old way and wouldn't reopen.

What about going to File->Quit?

I have spent way too much time trying to get the app menu to properly
integrate and behave as it should. MacOS is a third class platform for
GTK and it shows. I'm not sure why you're seeing this weird behavior of
not being able to restart D-RATS sometimes and nobody else is.

If the majority of the MacOS users want me to go back to the X11
approach, I can consider that, although I'm honestly not sure which is
worse.

> I had another email come in while I was doing the test and when it
> finished downloading the email, Python suddenly quite again.

I'm not able to reproduce this or the crash related to weather beacons
locally. I will continue to pursue these items as time permits, but with
only a few MacOS users, it's hard to justify spending much time on it.

Hopefully it goes without saying, but if there are any MacOS programmers
in the crowd that want to step in and help with these issues, please
stand up.