[drats_users] Call sign field issue_ not a bug

Dan Smith
Fri Aug 24 19:15:28 PDT 2012

> The limitation comes directly from the D-STAR spec:

Actually, no, that's not related. I chose eight because that's what
D-STAR provides, but in reality, the D-RATS protocol is above D-STAR
itself and has no tie to the actual spec in that regard.

I chose a fixed-length of eight purely to make the frame header
fixed-length for easier processing by embedded or limited devices (I had
some fantasy that maybe the radios would learn to speak or interpret it
someday). There's no other restriction besides that, but changing it
would break compatibility with older versions of D-RATS.

Looking back, I probably should have made it variable, but it is what it
is now.