[drats_users] id-31 settings?

Debbie Fligor
Tue Aug 7 09:36:16 PDT 2012

On Aug 7, 2012, at 10:59, Alan Crosswell wrote:

> Debbie,
>
> There's a GPS setting to send it out the serial port or not so that presumably if you have host software that wants GPS data, it can get it.

hmm. "GPS out" was "OFF", as was "GPS TX" and "GPS Auto TX"

but, apparently I missed that sniffer output went to the event log. it seems to be working just fine in the sniffer mode to event log on both systems. When I uncheck that box in preferences, I don't get anything on the main tab, either direction.  I quit both and restarted, just to be sure the change took, and still nothing on the main window (and I don't have RF filtered on either side).

I put them both back in sniffer mode and can see the data on the event log page both directions.

And the last piece was user error.  I didn't really think about the fact that I put "N9DN" in both settings window.  it was smart enough not to put something in the chat window twice that it thought was from itself.  once I changed one setting to "N9DN-2" as my callsign, it all started working.

Thanks Dan and Alan for the ideas, you got me thinking on different tracks, which helped.

Dan, you've now got confirmation that it works fine on Mountain Lion (10.8.0), if you didn't have that from anyone else yet.  I've got the KK7DS_Python_Runtime_R10.pkg and the d-rats-daily-02232012.app, and they seem happy so far.  I've tried chat, ping, maps and file transfer (download), and so far, so good.

73,

-debbie, N9DN