[drats_users] id-31 settings?

Debbie Fligor
Tue Aug 7 08:52:34 PDT 2012

On Aug 7, 2012, at 10:42, Dan Smith wrote:

>> Any thoughts or ideas on what to try are appreciated.
>
> Hmm, I've had no such trouble with the ID-31. We used it at Dayton for
> demos (it was the hot new thing and everyone wanted to see it).
>
> It should indeed be set for 9600 baud. You might try opening your port
> with a terminal to see what, if anything you're seeing when the 92
> transmits. Of course, with raw mode on, you should see it in D-RATS too,
> but...
>
> Is GPS mode disabled?

probably not.  I'll check and see when I get back to my office.  does the GPS data come out the serial port? I figured that since the GPS was built in (unlike the 92) that the GPS data didn't hit the serial port and wouldn't matter.  perhaps it was working at first (with the wrong baud rate) because it didn't have GPS lock yet.

thanks!

-debbie, N9DN