[drats_users] id-31 settings?

Debbie Fligor
Tue Aug 7 08:38:40 PDT 2012

Hi All,

looking for a bit of help getting a new radio to play nice with D-RATS.

I got an ID-31 over the weekend (my husband rocks - he got it for me for our anniversary :-) and have been getting it set up.  I've got the serial cable from an IC-91 working with it with the icom CS-31 software (after much effort and trimming the plastic away from the connector a bit), and kind of working with Chirp (it downloads okay, just other things don't seem happy - I submitted those problems as bug reports).  But when I try and set it up with D-RATS I'm having problems.

I've got my 92AD connected to one computer on SLO power, and the new ID-31 connected to a second one also on SLO power (sitting horizontally in an open filing cabinet drawer to try and make sure there's no front end overload).  the latest daily build D-RATS (2-23-2012) on both computers, and can't get text between them.  it took me a while to find the low speed data info for the 31 -- while I had it on 38,400 I could get a long string of "xxxxx" when the 92 transmitted d-rats, when I change D-RATS to 9600 (and checked that the radio was set the same) I don't get anything when the 92 transmits.  I've got sniffing and raw turned on, so I should see everything.

Each of them sees the other radio transmit (I see them receive a signal and show the radio callsign on the front panel, so D-RATS is keying for both radios.

There's a slight chance that the 2nd computer is having problems due to running 10.8 (which I hadn't previously tested serial connections on) but it's at least partially working, since the radio keys.

Any thoughts or ideas on what to try are appreciated.

73,
-debbie, N9DN