[drats_users] DMG for Lion?

Debbie Fligor
Tue Sep 27 07:07:50 PDT 2011

On Sep 26, 2011, at 15:07, AE7HS wrote:

> Group,
>
> I don't see any DMG files for builds later than 3.32 and 3.32 won't launch using Lion 10.1.  I am fairly new to OS X but if there are step by step instructions for creating a DMG I will give it a try under Lion. I would really like to be able to use my 91AD with my MacBook Air.

You need quite a bit of setup to make the .app file yourself.  At one time I helped out with this, but that was quite a while ago, when Dan didn't yet have the library install setup. Since he had mac access for a while I didn't keep my setup up to date and am no longer able to build them.

also, even the .app version needs X11 installed, so be sure you have that installed and working (it was always optional under 10.5 and 10.6, not sure about 10.7).

I did get 0.3.3b2.app working fine under 10.7.0, I got the serial driver updated and it's talking just fine to my ic92AD.

I'm working on getting the 3.3 final release working from source, but apparently I didn't have the right version of Xcode installed, so no compliers to rebuild fink with yet.  I'll get there.

You can use darwin ports or fink to install all the packages it says the linux users need, and run the source, but it takes some playing around.