[drats_users] Application Failure ...

Chip G.
Fri Sep 23 18:09:27 PDT 2011

On Sep 23, 2011, at 20:47, Dan Smith wrote:

> There _should_ be such a directory inside the .app, which is where it's trying to go.

Thanks Dan, I gathered that. I see the line:

> BASE="$(dirname $0)/.."

and

> cd ${BASE}/Resources

So I suspect it's trying to get the path to itself (the app) and then go to the Resources directory. I imagine I can temporarily hard code this as a short-term solution. But I'm baffled why a basic BASH command like this is going awry. My knowledge in this area is somewhat limited.

I tried modifying that to:

> BASE="$(dirname $0)"
> cd ${BASE}/..
> cd ${BASE}/Resources

This worked when I ran $./d-rats with an error, but would not run when I tried to double-click the application icon. It appears that the application is not passing it's name/path when it starts. My console error changed but it's still suggesting that it isn't getting what it expects.

When I changed it to:

> cd /Applications/Amateur\ Radio/d-rats-0.3.2.app/Contents/Resources

It seems to work fine like that. I just joined the chat and had a quick exchange with N3TSZ. So now I just need to figure why it's broken with what should work.

--
    Chip