[drats_users] D-RATS and AGWPE

Dan Smith
Fri Sep 9 14:41:04 PDT 2011

> Our city emergency communications group would like to use D-RATS with a
> packet interface and some of us are running AGWPE. After looking through
> the archives, back a couple of years, I saw a number of messages which
> indicate that this is possible. However, I could not find a summary of
> exactly how to configure both D-RATS and AGWPE, so that they recognize
> each other. I wonder if someone could point me to such instructions?

On the D-RATS side, you create a port of type AGWPE and give it the
hostname or IP address of the machine running the client.

However, I would caution you to fully test your intended use case with
this before promising it to anyone. I have not actually used D-RATS with
the "real" AGWPE as it's (a) very old (b) very buggy and (c) doesn't run
on my platform. I also haven't spent much time at all testing and
working out the bugs with such a setup. As interest for this feature
seems exceedingly low, I don't expect to apply much effort in the near
future.