[drats_users] [D-RATS] #321: request for sysop function

Dan Smith
Mon May 9 17:46:40 PDT 2011

>   I want to put a d-rats system on a local mountain top in place of the
>   existing packet. I would like to be able to have something like sysop
>   functions, and designate others to be sysops, to dele files and maintain
>   the hard drive.

Added (see the "transfers" config panel):

changeset:   1946:5ece9294e156
tag:         tip
user:        Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>
date:        Mon May 09 17:43:24 2011 -0700
files:       d_rats/config.py d_rats/config_tips.py
d_rats/sessions/rpc.py d_rat
Add remote file delete capability

This is controlled by up to two mechanisms:

1. A list of callsigns able to remotely delete a file (required)
2. A general "remote administration" password that applies to this
    action and potential future ones.  If left blank, then only
    the originator's callsign is checked against the list above before
    access is granted.