[drats_users] d-rats_repeater.exe @ 100% CPU under Windows

Craig Gunther
Thu Jun 30 20:42:19 PDT 2011

Has anyone else seen this problem?  I'm running the D-RATS Repeater Poxy under a
VirtualBox Windows XP machine and notice from time to time that it gets really
slow.  When I connect to the VM and run the Task Mamager I see
d-rats_repeater.exe is eating 100% of the CPU.  If I simply click the D-RATS
Repeater Off button and then the On button the CPU usage drops back down around
0%.  I believe this started happening somewhere around 3.2b6.

I suspected I had a messed up install so I remove d-rats entirely and reinstall
3.3.  The same problem occurs every once in a while on 3.3.  It may not happen
for weeks at a time, but when it does happen it seems to happen over and over
for a couple of hours, then it goes away for a couple more weeks.

Any suggestions on how to debug this?  I'm an embedded systems programmer by
trade so I know my way around a computer and programming languages.  Are there
any log files worth looking at?  Anything esel to try?

Best regards,
Craig Gunther, KE7YLZ