[drats_users] ratflector & GPS-A

Craig Gunther
Sun Feb 6 21:17:50 PST 2011

I have set up a ratflector and our local Emergency Services group has been
training on it for several sessions.  GPS QSTs show up as expected on the D-RATS
Communication Tool map.  GPS-A QSTs don't seem to make it to aprs.fi.  I can
peek (wireshark) at the Ethernet traffic hitting my ratflector and I see the
GPS-A commands come in, but I don't see my ratflector send anything out.  There
doesn't appear to be any configration options in the D-RATS Repeater Proxy.
What am I missing?  If I point my D-RATS Communication Tool at ref.d-rats.com my
GPS-A message changes show up on aprs.fi.  Am I correct in thinking that GPS-A
messages go from the D-RATS station to the ratflector, and then from the
ratflector to aprs.fi?  If you can point me at some documentation that would be
great.

- Craig KE7YLZ