[drats_users] Non-Hams On D-RATS

Dan Smith
Sat Dec 24 11:57:00 PST 2011

> In the config file for Enable Automatic E-mail Forwarding have a user
> enterable “Exclude These Callsigns” list, then before incoming mail
> can reside in an D-RATS user outbox compare the callsign in the
> header of incoming E-mail against the callsigns in the list and flag
> it somehow such that it can’t reside in the outbox or anywhere else
> on the first forwarding station?

In the Email Access bit of the preferences dialog, you can control which
stations are able to send, receive, or send/receive through your
station. How does this not address the problem?

I think you may also be confusing the public ratflector that I run with
"getting on D-RATS". You are in no way required to connect to that
ratflector to run your station and you may indeed run your own with
suitable access control in order to isolate your station from the rest
of the "riff raff". The ratflector allows for a password to even
connect, and when combined with the fine-grained per-callsign email
access controls mentioned above, should be more than enough to remain legal.

What am I missing?