[drats_users] Cannot connect to G-mail before timeout period expires

Edwin Crowell
Sun Aug 7 11:29:19 PDT 2011

Hi Dan,  I  have 587 for my Port.  I looked at the Log Files and it says "no
Route"  when it starts strobing.  When I go to the Webmail version of G-Mail
with Chrome and allow it to go to the New Version,  it gives me a Warning
(This is too long, do you still want to keep trying?  I say, "Yes" and hit
<enter>.  I wait a few more seconds and then it finally connects.  G-mail
Notifier (the Mail envelope icon)  carries an exclamation superimposed over
it.  When I click on it, it says, "Cannot connect to your E-mail. Service
temporarily unavailable."  I double click on the Icon and it connects, drops
the Exclamation Point, and shows me the Window of G-Mail with the New
E-Mail???????  So even the Notifier is upset with the Latency problem or
won't wait beyond the 15 seconds to hear the reply from G-mail just like
D-Rats.  It quits pinging at 15-16 seconds and pronounces a failure to
connect (which if it would try a few more pings, would prove to be
successful.  Can we delay D-Rats SMTP connect request a few more seconds?
                                                    73, Ed