[drats_users] More testing with ax.25

Rick (N1RCW)
Wed Sep 29 12:41:55 PDT 2010

Have done some more Rf tests via 1 hop digipeating. For the most part it is
pretty stable ,say out of 7 msgs (Emails) sent 4 were received and completed.
The others would  time out and stay in the outbox. My question is there error
correcting retries? If the RF channel is busy will the system allow to resend
the missed packet? The receiving end would show waiting for 1st block on those
that would not go or a certain % would make it but then stop.

Both stations have the Block size set at a min of 32.  next step is to try some
of the other timing settings.. The TNC that is digipeating is also set at 255
Paclen to allow a larger amount of bytes to pass through per transmission. I
wonder if that amount is still to small for the "Block" to go through.Both
stations have a strong signal into the digipeater but there is other traffic on
the frequency.

General chatting via RF through a digipeater is working fine and is raising
curiosity on the local packet frequency.. Good stuff..

Rick N1RCW

 http://www.powersrvcs.org/n1rcw/