[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.3b4

Dan Smith
Sat Sep 11 16:54:30 PDT 2010

> Way to go, Dan on the AX.25.  I am installing tonight and will test
> during the coming week.  This is a very powerful addition!

Well, don't get too excited just yet.  There's a lot to do before it can
be considered fully functional :)

One of the biggest things I need to work out is a generic fragmentation
scheme.  D-STAR is nice in that you can stream constantly out of the
radio, so D-RATS has never needed to fragment control blocks because the
radios don't have such a limitation.  The twenty-year-old technology in
the TNCs impose block size restrictions which will take some doing to
properly resolve.

I'm hoping that people will be interested in this as it's a lot of work
that I don't want to do unless it will get used :)