[drats_users] ID-880H D-RATS message receive failure

la7um Finn
Sat Oct 16 04:24:51 PDT 2010

Ted. Maybe you earlier succesfully have fixed the settings of  ALL
kinds of power-save OFF on your successful IC92D.
I have the Eu model of that handheld, and remember that we did a lot
of tweeking in the menus to get the Sync tone to beeing able to read
text in the radio window. But don't recall exactly the meny.
Data part is in the first part of the transmission burst.

Maybe you haven't found the right parameter to switch the powersaves
off on the ID 880. I don't know that rig.
In addition I believe another necessary setting on both rigs should be
automatic ptt, not only ptt when keying the radio manually.

I believe it is crucial that all power save settings are OFF.

Another setting being important is that either both radios is set as
simplex if running simplex, or both radios are set as duplex with
shift 0 if still actual running simplex. This setting also work
towards a repeater if using the apropriate shift setting.

Sorry, I have not yet fired up the D-Rats program myself, running an
old Mac PowerBook.
But this is going to change.

73 de la7um Finn