[drats_users] [D-RATS] #301: Map problem

Dan Smith
Tue Nov 30 19:51:05 PST 2010

> It is just to the north of this location. The map works on my home
> computer but not on the laptop. I just downloaded a new map and the
> problem is still on the laptop. Do I need to delete the old map file
> before downloading the new one?

You don't need to explicitly download the maps.  Make sure
File->Connected to internet is checked.  Then, when you open the map
viewer it will download (in real time) the portions of the map that are
required for the visible region.

The map downloader tool is just to allow you a way to pre-load the maps
in bulk before going offline.

You can try clearing the map cache from the Map menu on the viewer
window, but it sounds like the problem may just be connectivity.  Does
it say "NO DATA" in the blank region or is it just blank?