[drats_users] Is there a version for Windows 7 64 bit machine?

Dan Smith
Thu Nov 25 10:56:06 PST 2010

> Thanks I did that also but the WL2K send and recieve comes up with a
> error msg stating something about asking for a 64 bit version.. Any
> thoughts on the WL2K send and recieve portion of the program and how to
> make it work with win 7/

Winlink uses an ancient compression mechanism from the early 1980s.  The
binary version of this from the DOS days is a 16-bit executable, which
64-bit Windows will not tolerate.  I am not a windows developer and
can't recompile it for 32 or 64-bit windows, nor have I found an API
specification for the hacked-up 32-bit DLL version in use by the other
WL2K client programs.

So, as of right now, you can't hit the WL2K servers from D-RATS on
64-bit Windows.