[drats_users] [D-RATS] #300: unable to chat, both IN and OUT

gmail
Mon Nov 15 02:19:42 PST 2010

Just to be synthetic:
> It's probably one of the following issues:
>
>   - Incorrect COM port
The port is correct as it goes in transmission when D-RATS starts or try
to send text messages.
>   - Incorrect baud rate
It should be correct: 9600 as indicated on the ID-E880 manual
>   - Radio not in DV mode
Of course is in DV mode (I can see the received message on the radio
display)
>   - Radio not in "Auto TX" mode
It is (DATATX _ AUTO)
>   - Radio in GPS mode
It's not (GPS-TX_OFF and GPS.ATX_OFF))
>   - Bad cable
I used a home-made and later I bought the original ICOM cable (OPC-1529R)
>   Does your radio key when you transmit?
If you mean if the radio transmits when I enter a message in D-RATS and
press return on the pc, yes.

Waiting for your reply, thanks a lot.

Giorgio