[drats_users] d-rats_repeater?

Dan Smith
Tue Mar 30 17:42:44 PDT 2010

> If I run d-rats_repeater, do I need to have d-rats running at the same
> time? Or is it a standalone app?  I'm trying to learn as much about the
> software because we have an upcoming two day bike race and we want to use
> D-STAR to demonstrate to folks how versatile it is.

Well, it depends on what you are trying to do.  If you just want to
provide an interface between RF and network stations, then you can just
run the repeater by itself.  If you want to perform that function *and*
participate in the traffic on that machine, then you'd run a copy of
D-RATS and connect it to a ratflector on "localhost" to tap in.