[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.2b12

Wayne Chapman
Mon Mar 22 14:20:11 PDT 2010

Dan,

I downloaded and in stalled the 0.3.2b12 beta you released today.

Specifically, I wanted to try this:

- Create a map group when adding a new marker, if necessary

I was able to right-click on the map and select "New Marker Here".  The
dialog opened and suggested the Group "Misc".  I accepted that and saw
it add the location on the map.

Then I checked the "static_locations" folder.  I saw the new "Misc.csv"
file but with 0 bytes.  I thought maybe it would write to the file when
D-Rats closed, but it did not.

Upon restarting D-Rats, the "Misc" group still appears in the Map window
(since the Misc.csv file still exists in the folder), but with no
contents for the file, no map marker appears on the map.

The interesting things to note from the debug.log file are these:

Showing map
Latitude Fudge Factor: 0 (zoom 14)
Button 3 at 561,725
C:\WcInsts\D-RATS\library.zip\d_rats\utils.py:152: GtkWarning:
gdk_pixbuf_copy_area: assertion `src_y >= 0 && src_y + height <=
src_pixbuf->height' failed
SS-JC-Fire-EOC,Misc
Stations,Misc

SS-JC-Fire-EOC and Stations are two existing groups.
Misc was the new group, but I don't know why it would appear twice and
on the same line as the other two.

I did a second test ... adding a new group called "TestGroup".  It was
added as a group and as a file, but the file was empty and the debug log
shows this:

Misc,TestGroup
SS-JC-Fire-EOC,TestGroup
Stations,TestGroup