[drats_users] Python Feedparser

Dan Smith
Sat Mar 20 10:39:42 PDT 2010

> Sorry about the hand-holding requirement...  I unzipped the snapshot
> release to the desktop, went to the release folder and copied version.py
> from the d_rats directory to the d_rats directory in the snapshot
> folder, ran d-rats in the snapshot folder.  I am getting the same error
> messages in the debug log.  I have to delete the hidden folder to run it
> and I get the config window fine.  I can enter stuff in the config
> tabs,but when I close it (save)- the program exits.  Running it again
> gets no response until I delete the hidden folder again.  "Repeater"
> seems to run, and re-run OK but I have not tested functionality yet- at
> least the windowing and keyboard input is as expected.

Can you reproduce this again and grab the debug log after it exits?  If
there error message shows up again, it could be that there's another
place where that new function is being used that isn't supported by your
old python.

I'll try to run it on an EL5 machine here as well and see if I can
reproduce it.