[drats_users] Once Again

Mike Heitmann
Mon Mar 15 06:48:03 PDT 2010

Since you are using a gateway:

You might consider using the "echo" feature of the gateway: (i.e. set RPT1 to xxxxxxx E or change MYCALL from CQCQCQ  to /xxxxxxE). It should echo data back to you just like it does voice, so whatever you type should be repeated. That should help mitigate the reciever desense problem.

I would point out, I've done this on our local gateway (K0MDG in St. Louis) and it doesn't always echo 100%, especially if I'm marginal into the system.

You could also try a simplex frequncy (low power) between the two radios - I've had good success with that.

73,
Mike, N0SO

Thanks for the reply.  So far, I haven't been able to make this work with an IC-91 on the other side of the house from an ID-880 with an outside antenna. Next I guess I'll try one on Module B and one on C.

Bill WB4WTN

The answer would be yes, provided the radios are not desensing each other. If they can talk simplex to each other, they should work through the repeater. I have done this with an ID-800 and one of my IC-91's. The other IC-91 does not always, which does not surprise me since the 91's won't do DPL reliably either (not the greatest digital wave form).