[drats_users] [D-RATS] #197: Show all gps position reporta on map

Dan Smith
Sat Mar 13 11:37:58 PST 2010

> I'm having some questions understanding the Stations in the map view.
> It appears now that ALL stations are shown, even when they don't have
> a position (as far as I can tell).  The stations with a position are
> in a sub-list called Stations (in the Station list).

Hmm, really?  I don't see stations show up in the list at the bottom
unless I get a position report from them.  The only reason they should
show up outside the "Stations" group is if you have "timestamp
positions" enabled.

> I don't see the way to delete or remove stations that DO NOT have a
> position, but stations with position can be easily removed (one entry
> at a time?).

I think you might be confusing a group with an actual station, maybe?
If you turn on "timestamp positions" and you get groups based on
callsigns, then you should go to the Map -> Map Sources dialog to remove
a group for cleanup.

> Nobody is moving on the Ratflector, so turning on Timestamp Positions
> just gives one additional sub-level for that station.

I just started a GPS simulator on the ratflector, callsign "KK7DS-T".
Every 60 seconds it will emit a new position, circling around W1AW.
That should give you some data to work with.

> I guess my question is really one about how does the list get cleaned
> up?  It's nice to see everybody, but another time I just want to find
> one station quickly and don't need the entire list of D-RATS /
> Ratflector users.

Well, find-as-you-type should work in that box, but it doesn't for some
reason.  That means you *should* be able to just start typing the
person's callsign and have it jump to them, but obviously I need to look
at that.  Would that help?  Perhaps also a button or menu entry to Nuke
the entire Stations overlay to clear out any stored positions?