[drats_users] Help using RF

Brett Ruiz
Tue Jun 1 15:56:23 PDT 2010

Hi Dan,

We met very briefly during the Dayton Hamfest. My question at that time was
if I have to load any 'special' program unto our local D-Star
repeater/gateway in order for D-rats to work. You told me that was not
required due to the fact that we are using part of the DV data stream for
D-Rats.

I got home and connected my IC-80AD to my serial port of my notebook (using
a PCMCIA/Serial adaptor). When I ask the PC to Ping All Stations, it will
actually transmit, but I don't see any stations coming back.

When I connect to REF001C, I can see some raw data coming in.

My question is:

How do I go about this. Do I have to connect our local repeater to a
reflector in order for me to 'see' other stations on my screen (and be able
to chat with them) or is there another procedure?

Since I am the only D-star user here (maybe throughout the entire
Caribbean), I don't have no one to turn to for help.

Thanks for your time and patience,

73 de Brett, PJ2BR

Admin for the PJ2A repeater, Curacao Netherlands Antilles Caribbean