[drats_users] D-Rats and Mac OS-X

Dan Smith
Sat Jul 24 06:37:54 PDT 2010

> However, I'm missing some connection on how to get it to talk to my
> transceiver. I assume I need some kind of a TNC?

Yes, KISS mode implies a TNC.

> If so, what TNC are you using with your Mac? Do I need a USB to
> serial cable for that TNC?

Any serial TNC will work (and require a USB to serial adapter).  The
TNC-X is a KISS mode TNC with a modern USB port, so you might check that
out.

> I've got a SignaLink USB that I'm successfully using with cocoaModem
> and MacLoggerDX. Is that sufficient, and if so, what's the
> configuration between D-Rats and the SignaLink?

The SignaLink is not a TNC, it's a sound card and the TNC's functions
are done in software.  Thus, there's no KISS interface (AFAIK) and thus
won't work with D-RATS.