[drats_users] Email

desloan at aol.com
Fri Jan 22 01:31:52 PST 2010

Debbie, Dave and everyone else on the  list,
First let me apologize. I should never try to write an  email when I am
tired.

First I am using D-Rats ver. 0.3.1 connected to  the Internet and am trying
to receive and send email (POP and SMTP). I am able  to receive email via
D-Rats. I have D-rates configure to use the Internet. I am  able to connect
to the Ratflectors and chat or send forms. I have D-Rats  configured to send
outgoing email from D-Rats to my Earthlink email  account.

I left the Port at the default. I just called Earthlink and  found out that
the port is 587. After setting D-Rats to use port 587 for  outgoing email
and waiting over 30 minutes the test email was still in my  outbox. I entered
desloan at earthlink.net for both the Source Address and the SMTP  Username.
SMTP server is smtpauth.earthlink.net I also have entered my password  for my
email account. Gateway is enabled. Messages is set to Automatically
Forward Messages (enabled) and for testing I have it set for 15 seconds. I just
sent a MEMO to a friend using D-Rats and it was sent without any  problem.

Any ideas of what I am missing. Also I have tried this on both  my desktop
(WIN XP) and laptop (Vista) with the same result.

TNX &  73,
Dave N0EOP

In a message dated 1/21/2010 12:56:44 P.M. Mountain  Standard Time,