[drats_users] [k6mdd] DRATS Assistance ~ CA East Bay, April 24th

Ian Parker
Mon Feb 22 19:35:33 PST 2010

Thank you Tim.

As soon as we have firmed up the plans were be in touch !

Regards,

Ian W6TCP

From: drats_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:drats_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Tim Barrett
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 7:25 PM
To: k6mdd at yahoogroups.com
Cc: 'Discussion of D-RATS'
Subject: Re: [drats_users] [k6mdd] DRATS Assistance ~ CA East Bay, April
24th

Hello Ian:

As was done last year, feel free to use any of the K6MDD System that is
needed.

All of us are pleased to be able to provide the infrastructure.

Tim

On Feb 22, 2010, at 7:13 PM, Ian Parker wrote:

All,

For the last 15 years, members of the Livermore Amateur Radio Klub (LARK)
provided communications during the Devil Mountain Double (DMD) event. This
is a double century (205 miles) Bike ride with the riders climbing around
20,000 ft. The quickest riders make in around 12 hours with the slower
riders taking 24 hours.

During the event last year we used DRATS to provide rider times and numbers
from several locations around the course back to Net Control located at the
Marriott Hotel in San Ramon. DRATS worked well and we would like to take
what we did last year and improve upon what we did, so were looking for
additional help from the DSTAR and DRATS community.

The event this year takes place on Saturday 24th April and we are looking
for additional D-Star operators who have some experience with DRATS and who
are available to help during the event The locations we need help with
range from the San Ramon Marriott Hotel to locations out in the field. Most
require just a few hours and part time shifts may be available depending on
the location and where you live ! At the Marriott Hotel radios and
computers are provided so you don't even need to bring your own gear!

If your interested please let me know and we will contact you with
additional information.

You can read about last years event event see page 7 and page 10 of the May
2009 Newsletter available here :-
http://www.livermoreark.org/news/lark0905d.pdf
and the ride organizer's web site:
http://www.quackcyclists.com/

Regards,
Ian W6TCP
w6tcp at comcast.net <mailto:w6tcp%40comcast.net>

__._,_.___

<mailto:w6tcp at comcast.net?subject=DRATS%20Assistance%20~%20CA%20East%20Bay,%
20April%2024th>  to sender | Reply
<mailto:k6mdd at yahoogroups.com?subject=DRATS%20Assistance%20~%20CA%20East%20B
ay,%20April%2024th>  to group

Messages
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/k6mdd/message/539;_ylc=X3oDMTMzNjc1amZ2BF9TAz
k3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxOTE1MTc2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAM1MzkEc2VjA2
Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjY2ODk0OTM1BHRwY0lkAzUzOQ-->  in this topic (1)

Recent Activity:

.
U5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxOTE1MTc2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycw
RzdGltZQMxMjY2ODk0OTM1?o=6> New Members 1

dycElkAzIxOTE1MTc2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAz
EyNjY4OTQ5MzU-> Visit Your Group
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/k6mdd/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmaG9sMWVkBF9TAzk3MzU5N
zE0BGdycElkAzIxOTE1MTc2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0a
W1lAzEyNjY4OTQ5MzU-> Start a New Topic

TE1MTc2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTI2Njg5NDkzN
Q--> Yahoo! Groups

Switch to:
<mailto:k6mdd-traditional at yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format
:%20Traditional> Text-Only,
<mailto:k6mdd-digest at yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest>
Daily Digest .
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Terms of Use

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=21915176/grpspId=1705063108/msgI
d=539/stime=1266894935/nc1=4025321/nc2=5733767/nc3=5522124>