[drats_users] DRATS Assistance ~ CA East Bay, April 24th

Ian Parker
Mon Feb 22 19:13:26 PST 2010

All,

For the last 15 years, members of the Livermore Amateur Radio Klub (LARK)
provided communications during the Devil Mountain Double (DMD) event. This
is a double century (205 miles) Bike ride with the riders climbing around
20,000 ft. The quickest riders make in around 12 hours with the slower
riders taking 24 hours.

During the event last year we used DRATS to provide rider times and numbers
from several locations around the course back to Net Control located at the
Marriott Hotel in San Ramon.  DRATS worked well and we would like to take
what we did last year and improve upon what we did, so were looking for
additional help from the DSTAR and DRATS community.

The event this year takes place on Saturday 24th April and we are looking
for additional D-Star operators who have some experience with DRATS and who
are available to help during the event  The locations we need help with
range from the San Ramon Marriott Hotel to locations out in the field. Most
require just a few hours and part time shifts may be available depending on
the location and where you live !  At the Marriott Hotel radios and
computers are provided so you don't even need to bring your own gear!

If your interested please let me know and we will contact you with
additional information.

You can read about last years event event see page 7 and page 10 of the May
2009 Newsletter available here :-
http://www.livermoreark.org/news/lark0905d.pdf
and the ride organizer's web site:
http://www.quackcyclists.com/