[drats_users] Extra characters

samsmeatm at aol.com
Fri Dec 3 15:29:13 PST 2010

 Dan,

Took me a while to find my old breakout cable that lets me snoop on the RS-422 traffic. I used an old copy of Procomm Plus in monitor mode to capture what was being set out from the USB to serial adapter and on to the 880 radio.

The first capture is from my laptop to the 880. all I sent in the chat mode was

1234567890

This configuration works.

The second capture was from the desktop that does not work. As you can see it has a lot more characters, so you suggestion of RFI was certainly high on my list. But just to be sure, I turned off the radio and sent the same text again expecting it to be like the first capture. It looks much more like the second capture. (the 5 blue bytes near the end are something the laptop sent,but it never got out to the radio).

I don't know what the two transmission blocks should be, but does this help? It would seem this is a software issue and not a HW/RFI one. Just to state again I can program the 880 from this same desktop with the same adapter and cable with no problem.

Any ideas?

Also, how do I do a total uninstall? I will try that and reload D-Rats to make sure it did not get corrupted.

Thanks,

John
N3SBP