[drats_users] gps ???

Mike Heitmann
Wed Aug 11 19:43:45 PDT 2010

OK, I did a little testing this evening. I am able to receive position
reports from voice stations - as long as they are reporting position ;-)

That said, I do see LOTS of errors, and those show up as chat data
because I have the "sniff" and "raw text" options checked in the port
preferences. If I look in my log file, there are many instances of:

APRS CRC mismatch: 7968 != 0DF7 (N0SO>API92,DSTAR*:!
and they appear to correspond to the chat messages.

The saving grace for voice stations is: unless your transmissions are
very short, you get multiple chances to get a good position report while
the operator is talking.

I saw this even on simplex, near my home while walking the dog, so I
know I had a good path to the repeater. That supports Dans explanation
that multi-path is more the source of the problem.