[drats_users] Drats proxy on G2 server progress?

Dan Smith
Wed Aug 11 10:20:58 PDT 2010

> An interum solution might be to run the d-rats_repeater proxy on the G2 repeater
> computer with a separate d-star radio connected to the proxy. Not the most
> elegant (and it may annoy the voice users) but it should work.

Certainly, although it's rather painful to have to commit that hardware
to such a project when it would be trivial to do it direct.  But, yes :)

You made another good point, about the voice users.  We have a
non-gateway D-STAR repeater here that we use (very) occasionally for
data transfers, but for the most part, I think people want to use
DV-mode D-STAR for voice, making data operation a pretty unwelcome
guest.  The "simultaneous voice and data" is great for telemetry while
talking, but it kinda shoots you in the foot (in more ways than one) if
you're not actually using the voice part :)