[drats_users] AGWPE operation

Dan Smith
Sun Apr 25 09:06:26 PDT 2010

> After working with the AGWPE feature this weekend, I have several
> questions.  First, in regular D-RATS operation configuring AGWPE to
> operate with my KPC-3+ on VHF Packet, I see the Username, Password and
> Digi Path, but are grayed out.  I’m guessing this is preparation for
> future packet capabilities.

Yep, those are ignored at the moment.  The digi path is hard-coded as
"RELAY" right now.

> Also, when AGWPE is selected as the only radio path and you start D-RATS
> without AGWPE active, you get an error and the program closes.  I will
> file a bug report on that.

Yep, dangit.  I remember hitting that before I posted 0.3.3b1 and forgot
to fix it.  Thanks for the bug report.

> I also tried to configure an AGWPE radio port in Repeater Proxy with no
> success.  It does not appear to talk to the TNC through AGWPE.  It also
> fails to communicate through my 2820 for my second port when an AGWPE
> port is configured as one.  Has AGWPE been tested in Repeater Proxy?

Yeah, the repeater doesn't support it yet.  I completely forgot that the
main program and the repeater now share that dialog box :)

A bug to remind me about that one too would be helpful.