[drats_users] QST Exec Output Size Limitation?

Dan Smith
Mon Apr 12 13:25:00 PDT 2010

> I've been experimenting with small programs to pull info from a
> Webpage and using them with the  QST Exec function.

Cool, glad you got it working.

> It seems to work OK when the retrieved data is small in size, i.e. a
> dozen lines or so, but anything larger than that results in "None"
> showing up in the Chat Window. Anyone have any idea on what the size
> limit might be? BTW, this is in Windows version.

Well, it shouldn't do the "None" thing, but yes there is a limit.  I put
that in there to prevent a script from going haywire and spitting a ton
of stuff out on the channel and keeping your radio keyed for a few solid
minutes.  I should make it a tunable parameter, because it's just a
sanity limit.  Currently, it is 2KB.