[drats_users] Use of TNC with D-RATS

John Davis
Sun Apr 4 17:46:37 PDT 2010

I see the capability for D-RATS to talk to a TNC.  I'm not sure what functionality this allows.  Can two stations with TNCs use D-RATS over VHF Packet to communicate to each other?  Through a digi, too?  What functions are active?  If a RATFLECTOR had a port to a D-STAR radio and another to a TNC/VHF Packet station, would communications bridge across.  What functions would work?

This could be very powerful to bridge the packet and D-STAR data worlds.  I am the EC of an ARES group expanding data capabilities.  With both Packet and D-STAR users, having one powerful and easy to use program like D-RATS would be fantastic.

John WB4QDX