[drats_users] [D-RATS] #211: D-Rats Halts (Freezes) when changing preferences.

Mike Heitmann
Thu Apr 1 07:52:41 PDT 2010

Same observation here - in particular under Windows if I've added a network port that is no longer available.

Mike, N0SO

----- Original Message ----
From: Debbie Fligor <n9dn at arrl.net>
To: Discussion of D-RATS <drats_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Thu, April 1, 2010 9:23:30 AM
Subject: Re: [drats_users] [D-RATS] #211: D-Rats Halts (Freezes) when changing preferences.

FWIW I thought I had this problem a few times, but it's always been if it's trying to connect to something it can't reach that's currently marked to be "used" in the Radio line of the preferences. A COM port that's not currently there (USB to serial not attached) or an internet reflector when there's no internet.   It starts painfully slow and seems to almost hang if you save the preferences. I don't think what I've seen is a bug, just a longish timeout looking for the port(s) that it really thinks it should have available to use.  I really had thought it had hung though the first few times it happened until I figured out what was going on.

-debbie