[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.1b6

Dan Smith
Wed Sep 30 09:22:28 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I just posted 0.3.1b6 with the following changes:

- Fix message routing for people without static routes
- Fix starting network proxy from MacOS .app
- Fix socket leak in proxy, causing eventual death
- Fix a TNC bug that was killing connections on Windows
- Fix editing existing TNC ports
- Fix returning a DPRS-encoded GPS position by default
- Fix showing own icon on the map
- Fix authentication support in the proxy since the rewrite
- Fix editing/saving of message templates when the user has no logos
- Move email forwarding (in and outbound) to the message router
- Debug (and hopefully fix) loading files with bizarre names in the
  files tab on Windows

I've not yet posted a MacOS .app for this version, but will do so when I
get a chance.

I'd appreciate some testing of the message routing stuff.  Specifically
with respect to email routing.  Now, anything that is in the Outbox with
an email address will be emailed, whether it got there by creating a
message locally or an incoming message from another station.  Any
message in the Outbox destined for another station (including those that
arrived from an email fetch) are forwarded on the next cycle.  This is
all changed a bit, so please let me know if it works for you.

I think we should probably start thinking about an 0.3.1 official
release soon, so please let me know if you think this would be a good
candidate, and/or if there's anything majorly broken that needs to
happen first.  I have some transfer performance/stability improvements
that I'd like to do, as well as some code cleanup, but I want to do that
for 0.3.2.