[drats_users] MSG Sending?

Dan Smith
Tue Sep 29 07:23:22 PDT 2009

Hi Jeff,

> I cant seem to get a MSG to send to a guy Via another Station? The
> Path line will not edit and I'd tried a few things.. I'm just trying
> to Forward through (Old Packet Via Command) to another station to
> test the forwarding feature and it's use.

The path line shows you where a message has been, not where it's going.
Thus, you can't edit it.

If the guy you *can* reach has message forwarding enabled (and has heard
the station you're trying to get to) then you can address the message to
the final station, but send it manually to the intermediate one.  When
it arrives there, his station will see that it's addressed to another
station that has a known path and it will forward.

To make more than one hop like that you'll need some static routes
defined, but it sounds like this should be enough to get what you want.

> Seems the Guy Closer to me can't hear me as well as one a bit
> farther?

There are lots of reasons this could be, multipath being the most likely.