[drats_users] [D-RATS] #127: Map tile issue in a specific location

W Paul Mills
Fri Sep 18 09:44:53 PDT 2009

Dan Smith wrote:
>> I thought this was just a bad map issue, not a bug.  I see the same
>> thing near 40.1242,-88.2244 FWIW.
>
> Oh, greeeeat. I *hate* map bugs :(
>
> Please add your coordinates to the bug, so I can verify that your issue
> is solved when I look at addressing this one.

I think this has been around for some time and at various zoom levels. I
see roads that don't connect, (small) towns duplicated, etc. I have
mostly ignored it, as is usually outside my area of interest. Often in
areas one has to scroll around to see. Looks to me like the various
pieces of the map do not always fit together right. The old off by 1
type errors that have plagued computing for years!

--
* W. Paul Mills - Jack of all hobbies and trades *