[drats_users] [D-RATS] #126: Bug tracker doesn't accept bug reports

Dan Smith
Thu Sep 17 07:12:21 PDT 2009

>  Akismet says my bug report of the program crashing on startup is spam.  So
>  I can't post the debug of the crash on start up.

I'm sorry about this, but it's just something we need to work through.
People who have been on this list for a while know that without spam
filtering, bots register about ten bogus bug reports a day with spam
links and other content.  This creates a lot of mail traffic on the list
and a lot of work for me to have to clean up daily.

The spam filtering tries to learn what is spam or not and I can mark
things in the administration console.  So, in the future, if you're
having trouble, please just shoot me an email and I will respond as soon
as possible by training it that you are not spam.

It's just one of those things we have to live with in the modern day of
spam bots.  Training the filter is significantly less work than cleaning
multiple bogus tickets each day.

Thanks for your patience and understanding on this...