[drats_users] email to/from gateway connected D-RATS ?s

eegah1
Sat Oct 31 15:53:59 PDT 2009

Dan:
- Before 0.3.2b1 I could send email out of d-rats but had difficulty
receiving "all" that were sent to the drats email. Now installing 0.3.2b1
and after testing, it appears that this has been resolved and that all
emails are coming in. Thanks.
- Am going to now start interfacing drats to the dprs interface. Any caveats
in doing this? I already have a validation code.
- A couple of questions of interfacing drats with dprs:
   1) After connecting an external gps per the GPS preference settings in
config, the latitude and longitude figures will change as the external gps
feeds d-rats real-time data, right? Right now I have static figures in these
fields, but want to confirm once an external gps is connected that dynamic
"moving" gps data will be used by d-rats (if the gps is moving) for map
plotting.
   2) In setting up a "QST beacon" in GPS-A format, any remote stations with
both d-rats and dprs running will receive each others gps data and put it up
on each users d-rats map regardless of whether they have an internet
connection or not, right?
   3) If one of the stations running both programs does have an internet
connection, then the gps coordinates of this station as well as gps-A data
received from the remote stations via their QST beacons will be gated to the
APRS/DPRS servers and be available on the internet, right?
   4) Am going to use a Byonics GPS2 that outputs in NMEA format. From the
configuration manual it appears that I should plug the GPS directly into a
serial port of the computer/laptop being used and not connect it to the
dstar radio. Do I have this right?
- Thank you
Brent w9dbe